Education system in Singapore
Singapore is the smallest nation in Southeast Asia consisting of one main island and 60-plus smaller islands and islets; Singapore is populated by people of Chinese, Malay, Indian and European descent. Each group has added its own art, architecture and culinary traditions to the overall culture of Singapore, creating a fascinating backdrop for students in search of a memorable study abroad experience.
Singapore’s postsecondary educational institutions include autonomous universities, private universities and institutions, and polytechnic institutions. Noted for their excellence in education, research and service, the three autonomous universities are the National University of Singapore (NUS), the Nanyang Technological University (NTU) and Singapore Management University (SMU).
Singapore Offers master’s degree programs in public policy, public administration and public management. Engineering and technology, and sciences are the most popular fields of study. It offers undergraduate and graduate programs for future business leaders and entrepreneurs.
Interesting Facts about Singapore
- Premier education hub which offers students an international perspective and diversity of options.
- Tuition fees are affordable and the cost of living is still significantly lower than of many developed countries.
- It is well connected via sea, air and telecommunications to all parts of the world.
- It is fairly close to India encouraging students to visit home during every academic break.
- It is consistently acknowledged to be a global business hub with its developed infrastructure, political stability and open business policy.
- Singapore is one of the best upcoming study destinations for Indian Students. With its offering of world-class universities/ colleges and variety of courses, Singapore is fast overtaking destinations such as Australia and New Zealand in terms of Indian Students applications.
- The cost of education for an international student in Singapore is far lower compared to the USA and UK, with no dilution in quality of education. Courses in Singapore start at INR 4 lakhs per year compared to INR 6-10 lakhs for the USA and UK.
- International student that choose to study in Singapore will not only able to compete academically but also has the advantages of the exposure to the different live styles in Singapore, which combines the best from east and west and the multi cultural that available in Singapore.