The UK is also a topographically diverse country, and you will find the rolling moors of Yorkshire, the lakes and mountains of the Lake District and Scotland, the forests of Nottinghamshire and the stunning beaches of Wales. All this, as well as genteel villages with lovely, old-world cottages and cities that are vibrant and modern,The UK has something to offer everyone.
Quiet close to London are the university cities of Oxford and Leicester, with their elegant architecture, and Windsor, home to the Queen’s famous castle residence.
The British landscape can be divided roughly into two kinds of terrain – highland and lowland. The mountainous regions of Scotland, Northern Ireland, northern England and North Wales are the highland area, with the lowlands being the English Lake District in the northwest. The area is broken up by sandstone and limestone hills, long valleys and basins such as the Wash on the east coast. The North and South Downs, in the southeast, culminate in the White Cliffs of Dover.
Why to Choose UK
Modern Learning Environment :
- Employers want employees who can think effectively, creatively and independently.
- UK institutions use a variety of teaching and assessment methods to encourage independence, as well as mastery of the subject.
- Students are expected to use the information they are given to stimulate their original thinking.
Education System in UK
- After 12th a student can go for 4 years of Bachelor degree or 2 years of Associate degree
- After completion of Bachelors Degree student pursues Master degree, which varies from 16-20 months.
- After completion of Master degree one can pursue PhD, which may take around 3 to 5 years to complete.
Each U.K. College or university sets its own admission standards for admission of International students. U.K. colleges and universities usually base their admission decisions on a student’s academic records and applicable test records such as TOEFL or IELTS or SAT. If a student applies for graduate schools then additional exam scores like GRE or GMAT will be required. Minimum score of English language test is required and requirement varies from Institute to Institute.